How to play Minecraft with friends without Realms
- 4 min read
Start playing with friends
In this article, you'll learn how to play Minecraft with friends online without purchasing Minecraft Realms. Getting all your friends together on your own little Minecraft server is fun and easy. Below you will learn the different methods of connecting with your friends.
Local area network - LAN
If you have two computers, laptops, etc. in the same Wi-Fi router network zone, you can create a small local server and invite your friends nearby to play.
How to find your iP address
There are two ways to find out your iP. You can use online services that are freely available on the Internet, such as 2ip or whoer.net, or enter special commands into your computer's console.
To use the console, you need to:
1) Press the key combination Win + R, and in the window that opens, type the command "cmd" (without quotes), then click OK.
2) In the console window that opens, enter the command "ipconfig".
3) In the information received, find the "IPv4" field - the numbers written there are your IP address. You're done.
You can learn more about IP addresses in our guide by clicking on the link
Creating a LAN server
1) Go to your Minecraft launcher.
Before starting the game, it is important to check the version of the game. All players must have the same version of Minecraft
2) Click the "Singleplayer" button and create a new world with the settings you want.
3) Press Esc on your keyboard to access the pause menu. Next, click on the "Open to LAN" button. You will be taken to a new menu.
4) In the new menu, select the desired "Game Mode" and allow or disable the use of cheats. Importantly, remember the "Port" number that the game will make automatically for your server and share it with your players along with the iP address of your device. Next, click "Start LAN World" and you're done.
Connecting to the LAN server
1) Go to your Minecraft launcher.
2) Click the "Multiplayer" button
3) In the new menu, click "Direct connection" and enter the iP address and port received from the Host (the one who created the server). Click "Join Server" and wait for the upload to the server.
Playing with Hamachi
LogMein Hamachi is a very well-known program for creating small virtual networks, with its help many players of various games were able to connect to each other. You can familiarize yourself with the full use of Hamachi freely available on the Internet to create your own "room" for playing.
Creating a Hamachi server
1) When you have created a Hamachi room and joined your friend to it, checked the correct settings, you need to tell the players your IPv4 address.
2) Go to the Minecraft launcher, create a new world, and press Esc in the game.
3) In the new menu, click "Open to LAN".
4) Select the desired game mode and tell the players the "Port" created by the game, then click "Start LAN World" and wait for your friends. You are done.
Joining a Hamachi server is no different from joining using the LAN method. Only with Hamachi, you don't need to be at a local distance.
You can learn even more about playing in a local network in our article by clicking on the link
Other public servers
On the Internet, you can find a very large list of servers to play with your friends. To do this, you just need to enter the phrases you and your friends are interested in and browse several sites. It is much easier to play on other servers, but you will not always be able to play with your friends without other players, so you need to look for special servers or create your own.
We suggest you read our guide to learn how to connect to Minecraft servers. Click on the link
Did you like the article and want to have your own Minecraft server for your friends and more? We will be happy to help you create the server of your dreams, please visit our main page and store! Stay with GODLIKE.
Rent Minecraft servers
Premium Minecraft Server Hosting